Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A change in seasons, a change in crafts


If I haven't shouted it from the rooftops yet, I LOVE Autumn. It has always been my favorite season, filled with changing leaves, crisp air, pumpkins, hot baked goods and so much of one of my favorite colors - orange.

These lovely chinese lantern blooms came from a neighbor down the street, who just made a pile of yard clippings on his property, with these on top. I saw them from the car and came to a screeching halt, probably confusing the heck out of Hazel! I jumped from the car and began the frantic gathering of lanterns. After a few days drying on my front porch, here they are in all their resplendent fall glory! Ah, I love Autumn.

LinkI've also been busy crafting with recycled and felted wool sweaters! It is so fun and I'm just in love with the soft texture, working with recycled objects, and slow steadiness of stitch after stitch. Here is a cute little hotpad/trivet that I listed for sale on my Etsy store! I just love it!

I've also been baking, which is pretty unusual for me. I would share photos, but alas, they never last that long!

Stay crafty!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, do you freehand design the bird and stars or are them from a pattern or stencil? I would love to make that kind of stuff but I am not the best artist :)

    ReplyDelete